At A Glance
Renee Galente is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and an award-winning San Diego trial lawyer who works tirelessly for you focusing on serious personal injury cases, criminal and military defense. She has a strong reputation in the community and doesn’t back down from what she believes in. She will fight for you, and will get you the very best possible outcome for your case; whether through settlement or trial. Renee has been named a Best Lawyer in America in Personal Injury Litigation. Find her on AVVO and SuperLawyers.
Why Choose Renee?
Renee is a Native San Diegan who loves her community.
She began her legal career with large and complex cases right from the start. In 2006, she worked on the military war crime case “The Pendleton 8” as part of the defense team for PFC John Jodka. In 2007, she wrote a Supreme Court brief which changed the law in Construction Defect in the state of Arizona. In 2008, Renee worked on three different teams (personal injury, business, and eminent domain/real property) for a boutique plaintiff’s litigation firm in San Diego. In that capacity, Renee helped recover over $40 million dollars for clients.
In 2011, Renee started her own firm and reestablished her practice area in criminal defense after years of focusing on civil litigation. Renee is a trial lawyer. She handles plaintiff’s serious personal injury cases and serious criminal defense cases, including cases in state and federal court and military bases throughout San Diego.
Renee works up each case as if it were going to trial by jury while simultaneously working the settlement track if that is an option her clients would like to pursue.
In the legal community, Renee has established herself as a leader with a strong work ethic through her work in various organizations including San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association, Lawyers Club of San Diego, the San Diego County Bar Association, California Women Lawyers, and The State Bar of California.
With locations in downtown San Diego and North County San Diego (Vista), Galente Law, APC makes it easy for people to set meetings close to them and get the attention their case needs.
- Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyers College
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, J.D., Magna Cum Laude
- Park University, B.S. in Management & Marketing, Magna Cum Laude
- Faculty, Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyers College
- Adjunct Professor, Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- Mediator, San Diego Probate Court Mediation Program
- Service member Civil Relief Act LRIS panel member
- Qualified to train police in DUI standardized field sobriety tests and investigation.
- California State Courts
- Southern District of California
- Veterans Administration Accredited
- Military Courts Worldwide
- Marine Corps
- Air Force
- Coast Guard
- American Association for Justice, Member
- California Women Lawyers, President
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, Member
- Lawyer Club of San Diego, Past Board Member
- North County Bar Association, Member
- San Diego County Bar Association, Director
- San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association, Past President
- State Bar of California Solo & Small Firm, Executive Committee, Vice-Chair
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law Alumni Association, Past President
- Tom Homann LGBT Law Association, Member
Causes Renee Supports
- Human Rights Campaign, Federal Club Member
- San Diego LGBT Community Center
- Save the Children